Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Excel Function?

The left hand part:

=LEFT(A1,2)

The right hand part:

=RIGHT(A1,2)

The middle part:

=MID(A1,3,2)

with your data in A1.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 17, 2:30 pm, Kent wrote:
I am looking for a way to split the data in one cell into multiple values
that can each be referenced from another cell. For example, the value of my
data cell is "001122". The first two digits represent one value, the second
two digits represent the second value, and the last two digits represent the
third value. Now I need to reference each value independent of the other two.
So, I want to return the value of the first two digits only, or the second
two digits only, or the last two digits only. Is there any way to accomplish
what I'm after?

Thank you,

Kent