Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John Bundy John Bundy is offline

Default Sort by date month and not year

Just sort by month? if so put a formula in another cell =MONTH(A1) and copy
it down. This will get the month number of the date, then sort my this column.
--
-John
is helpful.

"Visha" wrote:

I am trying to sort a list by date month, not year, but the data is in
mm/dd/yy format from the original list. I need to make a birthday list and
the list is too long to cut and paste individual (over 800 entries). Please
help I've tried every thing I can think of including the options in sort, it
just places it in Month order with the year and we have people ranging from
born in 1930-1999. So this is not helpful at all.