Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Is it possible to use address function in average function

With these values in:
C1 = 5
C2 = 6
C3 = 10

Try this:

=AVERAGE(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(C1,C2)):INDIRECT(ADDRESS (C3,C2)))
OR this:
=AVERAGE(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(C1,C2)&":"&ADDRESS(C3,C2 )))

--

HTH,

RD

wrote in message
Hi help needed

I understand how to manipulate indirect & address function to get a
value of a cell.

However, I would like to get average value of a range instead of
the value of a cell.

I can use address(....) & ":" & address(...) to produce something
like $F$5:$F$10

However, average function does not take $F$5:$F$10 and calculate
the average value.

Is it possible to do so in excel without writing a VB macro?

Thanks

Tim