Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Christopher Naveen[_2_] Christopher Naveen[_2_] is offline

Default checking for a string & No.

Hi,

Thanks a lot. Can u pls tell me how to find the Nubmers. I tried the same
formula to find the Nos. but is showing as "0" means it is to mapping the
values from the col. Pls advise. Also pls tell me how can we find that how
many A's i have in a cell,

Ex :

AAAABBN
AHHH
AQREE
AA
So my answer shud be "8".

Pls help.............

- Regards,
Christ

"Mike H" wrote:

=COUNTIF(A1:A100,"*A*")

"Christopher Naveen" wrote:

Hi,

I have a col and i need to check for a text in a cell and i required the
count.

EX :

ABC 115
DEF 245
ADD 515
FAC 576

So here i want to know how many cell contains "A".

I required the count. Answer is 3

same way in Nos. col i required how many cell contains "5". Answer is 4

Can any one help me to get it.

I can do it in filters == custom == contains == but i need it by formula.

-Christ.