Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PaulH PaulH is offline

Default Really basic question! Cell colours change when emailed.

This was an incompatibility between 2003 and 2007 that has driven me crazy
for months. It looks like they have fixed it in Office 2007 SP1, just
released a few days ago.

"De1b0y" wrote:

Thanks.
Have looked at this and I have no conditional formatting set. So the problem
remains a mystery. :-)
De1b0y

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

Probably has to do with Conditional Formating. If the cells contain dates,
you could be opening the file on a date that meets the criteria to change
colors. Or some other criteria. Check the conditional format dialogue box.

"De1b0y" wrote:

I have good old Office 2003.
My colleagues have Office 2007.
When I am sent an Excel file by email with cells filled with colours, the
colours are changed when I open the file.
Just received email with spreadsheet attached with (I am told) Yellow/
Amber/ Green cell colours. However, when I open the file the colours are now
Yellow/ Amber/ Yellow!!
Any explanation or help gratefully received.
Thanks
De1b0y