Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default extract numbers from text string

We need a little more information... what do you want to happen when
multiple words occur without an intervening number? For example, how did you
want the words "special occasion" from your example handled... "special" in
one cell, "occasion" in another, or both in one cell? If both in one cell,
will that be the case if multiple words occur somewhere other than at the
end of the text?

Rick

"thomsonpa" wrote in message
I have a column of cells with information in some of the cells only. the
information is text with numbers (the text can be of varying length), for
example: C3 could contain: 1 avml 12 chml 1 special occasion.
There could be as many as 12 variations in the string of text.
I need to extract all the information into other cells, seperating the
numbers from the text so H3 = 1 I3 = avml, etc.
How do I do this with visual basic?