Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default How can I paste in the opposite direction?

How about a macro that asks what should be copied and where it should be pasted?

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
Dim FromRng As Range
Dim ToCell As Range
Dim cCtr As Long

Set FromRng = Nothing
On Error Resume Next
Set FromRng = Application.InputBox _
(Prompt:="Select a range with exactly 1 area and 1 column", _
Default:=Selection.Areas(1).Columns(1).Address, _
Type:=8).Areas(1).Columns(1)
On Error GoTo 0

If FromRng Is Nothing Then
'user hit cancel
MsgBox "Try later"
Exit Sub
End If

Set ToCell = Nothing
On Error Resume Next
Set ToCell = Application.InputBox _
(Prompt:="Select a the top cell of the range to paste", _
Type:=8).Areas(1).Cells(1)
On Error GoTo 0

If ToCell Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "Ok, try later"
Exit Sub
End If

For cCtr = FromRng.Cells.Count To 1 Step -1
ToCell.Offset(FromRng.Cells.Count - cCtr, 0).Value _
= FromRng.Cells(cCtr)
Next cCtr

Tigerxxx wrote:

Thanks Carim.
Is there a way I can use uour code to program a macro?

"Carim" wrote:

Yes, it is a macro ...

But you should use Gord's formula, which is a lot more
elegant ... !!!

--

Dave Peterson