Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Fundman Fundman is offline

Default Help with Cell fornula or format

Unfortunately, this did not totally answer the question.

The formula for Sheet2 Col B Rows1-3, needs to look at 2 variables. First,
it has to recognize the "Cell-Fund B in Sheet2 Col A". It then has to look to
match this text to a cell in "Sheet1 Col A" (in this case, the row 2). Once
it finds that match, it needs to insert the result "medium" in Sheet2,
ColumnB, Row 1. Once you suggest the formula, we confirm that it would be
copied and pasted down.

We look forward to your new suggested solution...Thanks again Luke in advance

"Luke M" wrote:

=IF('Sheet1'!B1="Large","x",IF('Sheet1'!B1="Medium ","y",IF('Sheet1'!B1="Small","z","Some other entry was present")))

Then you can just copy and paste down.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Fundman" wrote:

We use Office Excel 2003- We need to insert data from preset column B in
Spreadsheet 1 to "new column B" in Spreadsheet 2 (downloaded data in Col A,
but new Col B created by us). Thus, the formula you advise for cells in Sheet
2 column B, need to produce the result x=Medium, y=Small and Z=large, based
on naming criteria match.

Sheet 1 Sheet 2
Col A Col B Col A Col B
FundA Large Fund B x