Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
j j is offline

Default Question regarding HLookup (unique values)

I have a 33 column, 2 row array. The first row contains names. The second row
contains values between 0-20. I use HLookup to find a name that matches a
number and return the name. I do this down another column of 33 fields so it
lists every name. The problem is if HLookup finds a value, it will return the
same name multiple times (depending on how often the value appears)

Example:
CD88 - 6
CD89 - 6
CD90 - 5

=HLOOKUP(CD88,$AP$87:$BV$88,2,FALSE)

For instance, Person A and Person B both have values of 6, Person C has a
value of 5. When my HLookup function gets to CD88, it returns person A. The
second row Hlookup looks now for CD89 (which is also 6). Instead of returning
Person B, it returns Person A again.

How can I set up my function to skip over names it has already selected so I
get all 33 unique names.

Thanks,