Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
shjco shjco is offline

Default Personal.xls in Excel 2007

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

The file type is xlsb and mine is in

C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

--
---
HTH

Bob

Bob-

I got this working OK with some help from Microsoft last June when I bought
a new computer and upgraded to Office 2007 (XP Pro OS), but a mounth or so
ago it quit loading with startup of Excel. I tried your suggestion putting
the personal.xlsb file in C:\Documents and Settings\Shephen H.
Jones\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART but it still didn't work. So
I tried it in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART anbd it still didn't work. I have to manually
load it each time. Also it will not run any macros in it using buttons I add
to the Quick Access tool bar, so I always have to use F8 and search for the
macro name (pain in the butt!).

Any suggestions?

Steve J.