Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ryguy7272 ryguy7272 is offline

Default Custom Formating Cells

This is called 'event code'. Copy the code, right-click the tab, and paste
it into the window that opens up:

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Or IsEmpty(Target) Then Exit Sub
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then
If IsNumeric(Target) Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Value = Abs(Target.Value * 1000)
Application.EnableEvents = True

Notice, the range is A1:A10; change to suit your needs...

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"JohnWFUBMC" wrote:

I want to format a cell so that when I type a number into that cell it will
take the absolute value of that number and then multiple it by 1000. Is
there anyway to do this without generating a formula in a new cell?