Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Geoffric Geoffric is offline

Default Fill function

If I've had a report downloaded out of Oracle/Discoverer into an Excel
spreadsheet, and forgotten to inform the system that I need the transaction
identifier number repeated against every distribution line (so that the Excel
spreadsheet only includes that number against the first line of the
transactions), is there a "Fill" function that I can use to populate the
blank lines with the first line transaction number? i.e. if the space below
is blank, fill it with the last number above, until you meet a populated
space, whereafter you do the same process but taking the new value of the
populated space, until you reach the end of the report. [OK - I agree that
it would be better to go back and change the report and re-run it, but that
is not always possible!!]
--
Geoff