Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bethgames bethgames is offline

Default how do I convert text cells to value

Is there a colored triangle in the upper left corner? If so, then when you
pass over it you should get a diamond shaped icon w/ an exclamation point
inside. If this is so, then highlight all the problem cells, click down on
the icon and choose convert to number...

"nreynol" wrote:

I have download a lot of information from my online bank statement to do my
year end accounts - like I have down for the last 7 years except for some
bizare reason the values are all showing as text and I need to conert them
text to value. Help ther eare hundreds of line items