Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ccKeithJ ccKeithJ is offline

Default Save, save as, page setup dimmed out in unprotected excel sheet?

For some reason, all of the sudden whenever I open anything in Excel (or
start a new Workbook for that matter), several items are always grayed out.
On the toolbar, the Save and Print buttons are both gray and I can only print
through Print Preview. On the File Menu, the selections for Save, Save As,
Page Setup, Print Preview, Print Area, and Print are all grayed out. Why
would this suddenly happen. I am not working with any protected sheets or
workbooks.