Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Susan Susan is offline

Default Change # by 1 in a formula

how 'bout having an auto_open macro that every time you open the file
it increments a certain cell by one? obviously you wouldn't be
opening it on weekends or holidays. you could even have it ask you
first, before it does it, in case you've already opened it for the
first time that day................

public sub auto_open()
dim ws as worksheet
dim target as range
dim myNumber as long

set ws = activeworksheet
set target = ws.range("a1")

if msgbox ("Do you want to increment the number?", vbyesno) = vbyes
then
myNumber = myNumber + 1
else
myNumber = myNumber
end if
end sub

then your formula would be =B34*A1. the cell you designate as
"target" could be hidden in an outside-the-print-area column, or even
on another worksheet (fix range to reflect if on another worksheet).

just an idea
:)
susan

On Dec 13, 2:39 pm, jeannie v
wrote:
Thank you....is there another way to do this? My problem is that I have a
different # of observation days a month that are being evaluated by analysis
excluding weekends, holidays and the first day of the month...so the date
doesn't help...I want it to say the Target for today is 5 times the Daily
Target Rate, but tomorrow it will be 6 times the Daily Target Rate.

Can you help?
--
jeannie v

"David Biddulph" wrote:
=B34*(5+TODAY()-DATE(2007,12,13))
--
David Biddulph

"jeannie v" wrote in message
Greeting Experts:

I have a formula that changes by 1 each day...Example: = B34*5.....on the
next day it would be =B34*6 and so on....How can I do this without manual
entry?

Thank you for your help,
--
jeannie v- Hide quoted text -