Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tb tb is offline

Default Dynamic Assignment of a Cell Address In Formula

On Dec 13, 12:43 pm, Carim wrote:
Sorry for the confusion ...

=ADDRESS(SUMPRODUCT(MAX((ROW(J8:OFFSET(J8,COUNT(J8 :J965536),
0)))*(J8:OFFSET(J8,COUNT(J8:J965536),0)<=K6))),10, 4)

HTH

Thanks, Carim.
What the above formula seems to do is return the address of the first
cell whose value is <= than K6. What I am after is the address of the
cell whose value comes _closest_ or _matches_ the value in K6. If
there are more than one cell which meet this criteria, then I need the
address of the cell matching that criteria and that has the bigger row
number of all those cells.

I realize that this seems confusing and I might not be doing a great
job in explaining what I want. Would you be open to the possibility
of me sending you the spreadsheet that I am preparing so that you
might better see what I am trying to accomplish?

Thanks.
--
tb