Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default look up using 2 cells from one sheet to find a value inanother...

Can you describe the layout of data on your second sheet - columns
used, data to be retrieved, rows used etc.

Pete

On Dec 13, 1:52 pm, robbed wrote:
Hi

Please could someone help me - really stuck !

basically what i want is to tell excel if a certain cell in my first work
sheet is xxxx and xxxx (data from two cells both contained in each work
sheet. ie date and price)

(so if cell A has date of 01/08/2007 and a code of eurgbp)

then excel should go to my second work sheet and find the relevant value for
the cell which also has a code of eurgbp on date 01/08/2007.

does that make sense ?

thanks, rob