Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Highlighting rows based on one cell

Suppose your F/U? column is column F, and that your data starts in row
2. Highlight all the rows from 2 onwards that you want this to apply
to, then click on Format | Conditional formatting, and in the panel
that pops up select Formula Is rather than Cell Value Is in the first
box. In the next box enter this formula:

=$F2=""

then click the Format button, select the Patterns tab (for background
colour), and choose the colour you want to use to highlight (eg bright
yellow). Click OK, and ensure that the formula is still as shown above
(Excel sometimes adds extra " symbols - edit if necessary). Click OK
again, and you should see the effect that you want.

If you add extra rows of data you can use the Format Painter to copy
the format to the new rows.

Hope this helps.

On Dec 13, 4:40 pm, wrote:
I want to track my shipments and make sure they are followed up on. I
have a column titled "F/U?" If there is nothing in that cell, I want
only that row to be red. If there is a "Y" in that cell, I want that
row to be unaffected. How can I do this?