Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Dollars to text without loosing zeros from decimal places

Where did you state that the decimal point must be removed in your original
post? You only said you wanted the decimals to remain? Just multiply with
100, then copy and paste special as values, then format as text.

Peo Sjoblom

"DOK" wrote in message
Thank you but this still gives me a decimal point which must be removed or
it
rounds up to the next whole number.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=TEXT(A1,"0.00") or =TEXT(A1,"$#.00"), depending on whether or not you
want
the $ symbol.
--
David Biddulph

"DOK" wrote in message
I need to convert dollars to text but the decimal place digits must
remain
since this will be converted to a txt file for file transfers. When I
convert $19,500.00 to text it becomes 19500 but I need the zeros from
the
decimal places.
Your help is truly appreciated.
Thank you