Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tb tb is offline

Default Dynamic Assignment of a Cell Address In Formula

On Dec 13, 10:48 am, Carim wrote:
OK then ... could following formula help :

=ADDRESS(SUMPRODUCT(MAX((ROW(J8:J9000))*(J8:J9000< =K6))),2,4)

HTH

Hi, Carim.

Unfortunately, the formula does not seem to work. I always get J9000
as the cell address.

I am also looking for a way to DYNAMICALLY incorporate in the formula
the last cell address (in your formula, statically indicated as
"J9000") as that address will change in time and I do not want to run
the risk of forgetting to manually adjust the range in the formula.
The last cell address would be the cell in column J that has the
closest value <= to cell K6. Should there be more than one cell in
column J with the same value which also happens to be the closest
value to K6, then I need the address of the cell that has the biggest
row number containing such value.

I hope I'm making sense...

Thanks.
--