Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tb tb is offline

Default Dynamic Assignment of a Cell Address In Formula

I would like to modify the following formula such that the cell
address J$8354 is replaced by a dynamic cell address formula.

The original formula (in array format) is:
{=CELL("address",INDEX(J$8:J$8354,MATCH(MAX((J$8:J $8354<=K$6)*J$8:J
$8354),J$8:J$8354,0)))}

The dynamic formula that would substitute cell address J$8354 is:
=ADDRESS(MATCH(99^99,J:J),10)

Unfortunately, when I merge the two formulas together, I get an
error... Is it even possible to do what I have in mind without
resorting to VBA?

Thanks.

--
tb