Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DDawson DDawson is offline

Default Creating a list of job numbers, missing out irrelevant items

Thanks Max, this kinda does what I want.

Sheet one contains the time people spend on each project and, so it may have
two or three people's time to one job number. I need to remove the
duplicates
in sheet two, so that I have a column showing what jobs have Option E work
be payed.

Also, is there a way to sort the job numbers ascending?

I'm sorry, I didn't explain this at the beginning.

Dylan

"Max" wrote:

Another way which drives it out auto in another sheet

Assume source data as posted in Sheet1's cols A to C, from row2 down

In Sheet2,
Put in A2:
=IF(Sheet1!C2="A",ROW(),"")
Leave A1 blank

Put in B2:
=IF(ROWS($1:1)COUNT(A:A),"",INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,SMAL L(A:A,ROWS($1:1))))
Select A2:B2, copy down to cover the max expected extent of data in Sheet1.
Hide away col A. Col B will return the required results, all neatly bunched
at the top.
--
Max
Singapore
"DDawson" wrote:
I have a table with the headings; job number, title, and option (A/E).
I want to pull in the jobs which are only option A into a new worksheet table.

So my first table may have

Job No Title Option
1234 Site 01 A
2345 Site 02 E