Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default In part of a col of data, I need the minimum number, but exclu

Hi,

I can find no error in the formula
=SMALL('This week'!C140:C211,COUNTIF('This week'!C140:C211,0)+1)
It will return the minimum positive value in the range C140:C211 on sheet
'This Week'

Like wise I can't find an error in
=MIN(IF('This week'!C140:C211 <0,'This week'!C140:C211))
Which does the same as the first formula except on the positive side can
handle negative values and on the downside is an array.

Post your data if you are still having problems.

Mike

"dartanion" wrote:

Sorry but this one failed the logical tests as it returned False False False

"Mike H" wrote:

On second thoughts if you have negative values you could use this array
entered which stiil excludes zero

=MIN(IF('This week'!C140:C211 <0,'This week'!C140:C211))

Array entered Ctrl+Shift+Enter

Mike

"dartanion" wrote:

In part of a row of data, I need the minimum number, but I must exclude zeros.
The zeros have to remain in place for other reasons. (the use is for golf
scores, and I am seeking the best score ever for individuals who all have
their own column of data, but have zeros when they did not play) So I
have=MIN('THIS WEEK'!C140:C211), but that formula returns zero when one or
more of those cells are a zero