Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default SumIf with date range

That's just one of Excel's quirks!

If the criteria is a hardcoded number:

=SUMIF(range1,"=10",range2)
=SUMIF(range1,100,range2)

If the criteria is hardcoded text:

=SUMIF(range1,"X",range2)

If the criteria is a cell reference or a named cell:

=SUMIF(range1,"="&A1,range2)
=SUMIF(range1,"="&CurDate,range2)
=SUMIF(range1,CurDate,range2)
=SUMIF(range1,A1,range2)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"juliejg1" wrote in message
Works Great...thank you!!! One question...why do I need the quotes around
the = instead of around the entire calculation? I'd like to understand
why
it works now and not before. Thanks again.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try it like this:

=SUMIF(Details!AE$1:BQ$1,"="&CurDate,Details!AE2: BQ2)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"juliejg1" wrote in message
I have a formula:

=SUMIF(Details!AE$1:BQ$1,"=CurDate",Details!AE2:B Q2)

AE1:BQ1 on the Details page are dates
CurDate is the current date and is a named cell
AE2:BQ2 on the Details page are values

I need the formula to look at the date range AE1:BQ1 and determine if
it's
value is greater than or equal to the value of the CurDate. If it is
then
sum the fields in AE2:BQ2.

The formula I have presented above does not work.....any suggestions?