Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PJ in CO[_2_] PJ in CO[_2_] is offline

Default Copy File Formulas between Files w/o the link

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

One method....

F5SpecialFormulasOK

EditReplace

What: =

With: ^^^

Replace all.

Copy to the new workbook/worksheet and then reverse the process of EditReplace.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:54:01 -0800, PJ in CO <PJ in
wrote:

Is there a way to copy a Excel file with just formulas (not data) and apply
it to another file w/o the copied file link included? I have a program which
spits out a xls file for each data set generated and I'd like to manipulate
the data repeatedly for each file w/o having to generate the doggone formulas
each time. Thank you

Thank you Both for your reply - I haven't attempted the first method yet, but will when I attempt to automate the number crunching. The second method described worked just fine. Thank you again.