Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Francis Hookham Francis Hookham is offline

Default Variable in if statement

To be honest, I think the only way to solve this is to make you explain in
words, not in a workbook, what you're trying to achieve.

Thank you Niek for persevering

The number in RC2 of Sheet 1

is the row* number in Sheet 2

which contains text in column 4

to be brought to RC4 in Sheet 1

Therefore I am looking for the formula in Sheet 1 RC4

So how do I use RC2 indirectly.

* I was confusing the issue with another minor problem to be dealt with
later. That is that the number in number in Sheet 1 RC2 is 3 less that the
actual row number in Sheet 2 so, at some stage, I shall have to increment
the row number. Let's leave that for now.

Gratefully

Francis