Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Date changes to ### when next cell is blank - why?

A date is a number.

Numbers won't stretch across into an adjacent even if the adjacent cell is
empty.

If you have dates that stretch across, they are text and not real dates.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 08:04:01 -0800, pamjmac27
wrote:

When I enter the date and it is longer than the column I'm working in, it
usually just shows up flowing over the next cell, which is blank. However,
once in awhile instead of showing the date, I get #### instead - even though
the next cell is blank. WHY? I don't want to change the width of the date
cell as this will throw off the rest of the spreadsheet..