Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] preyno8269@gmail.com is offline

Default Vlookup question

So just to make sure I understand the question.

In A3 is the number 26
in B2 is the text "Group F"
in C3 you want a formula to test if 26 is in Group F which is
identified in columns F through R where column F is the Group

I have assigned a range name to Column F called "groups". (not the
whole column just the rows with groups). Also no headers on the range
name.

Here is a formula. Maybe not the best; but it should work.

=IF(COUNTIF(OFFSET(F4,MATCH(B3,groups,0)-1,0,1,14),A4)0,"Match","no
Match")

On Dec 12, 8:15 am, mpenkala
wrote:
Hi there,
I have another question/problem which involves vlookup. It's similar to my
last one, but with a little twist.

I have 18 Groups listed in Column F
In Columns G to R I have numbers rangings from 0-40.

Each group corresponds to 12 numbers(ex.Group
A-0,3,4,5,7,11,33,34,35,36,37,40)
Some groups have some of the same numbers, but not all numbers match.

What I would like is for C3 to lookup the number in A3 (Column A lists a
single number between 0-40) and compare it to the numbers associated with the
group listed in in B2. If the number in A3 is found in the group of numbers
associated with the group in B2 then "Match" is given in C3, if not "Miss".

A quick example:
B2 contains Group F (1,2,4,5,7,10,11,17,24,26,30,38)
A3 = 26
I would like C3 to compare the number in A3 (26) to Group F (cell B2) and
tell me if
the number (26) is present in the group (it is in this case). If it is, I
want a
"MATCH" in C3.

Thanks a bunch!
Matt