Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Conditional formatting

Assume D1:O1 contains the text: April, May, ... March
(ie the 12 calendar months in "mmmm" format)

D2:O2, D3:O3, D4:O4, etc will contain the monthly sales achieved by
respective salesmen

P2, P3, P4, etc contains the target sales (total) for the full 12 months for
each salesman

Let's assume you want to conditionally format all the target cells P2, P3, etc
to auto-reflect whether the average monthly sales to-date
is on target (green) or not (red)

First, just normally format P2:Px with red fill/white font (via FormatCells)

Then select P2:Px, apply conditional formatting using Formula Is**:
=AVERAGE(OFFSET(D2,,,,MATCH(TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm"),$ D$1:$O$1,0)))=P2/12
Format Green fill/automatic "black" font Ok out

**or via equivalent CF options in xl2007, as pointed out by Biff
(I don't know xl2007 as well)

--
Max
Singapore
"ellinor2304" wrote:
(SUM(D2:O2)/12)<P2/(MONTH(D1)-3)

Explanation:
D2;O2 are the totals for the twelve months the particular saleman works
I divide by 12 to get his average for the year to date
P2 is the target figure to be achieved
MONTH(D1) -3 is the thing I think I am getting wrong. What I want is the
number of months passed since the start of the trade year, taking into
account that the trade year starts in April and so will still be the same
trade year when passing from December to January.