Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David J Richardson David J Richardson is offline

Default The quirks of "Save As..."

In article ,
"Jim Rech" wrote:

| I have a rather large (in terms of code, number of controls, and data
| stored in cells) spreadsheet in Excel 2007 which intermittently fails
| when running VBA code (and may or may not result in Excel crashing
| shortly thereafter). Doing a "Save As..." (or two, or three, or more,
| if I'm unlucky) will produce a "good copy" which runs happily.

Let us hope that the SP1 patch, rumored to become available on December 11,
is the answer to this and all the other Excel 2007 quirks and problem
peoples have reported.

Touch a very large piece of wood, but from the official list of changes
today...

"When you use VBA code in Excel 2007, runtime errors and access
violations occur and then Excel 2007 crashes. This problem does not
occur in Excel 2003."

This matches my experience, and some testing today indicates (oh please)
my use of Excel is about to become a *lot* less traumatic...

--
David J Richardson --
http://davidj.richardson.name/ - Dr Who articles/interviews/reviews