Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bowtie63 Bowtie63 is offline

Default Exporting Access to Excel - Characters per cell limitation

I'm not sure where to post this question, but since it ends up in Excel, I
thought I'd start here. I have a Access 2002 database that tracks issues.
There are a few cells in Memo format containing more than 255 characters
each. I export this to Excel to share (by firm policy, the users can not have
Access) and for feedback. My problem is that when I export the table or from
a report, the cells with more than 255 characters are cut off to 255.
However, I can copy and paste those individual cells from Access to Excel and
all characters will come across. If I can copy and paste more than 255
characters by individual cells, is there a way to have the export function
work the same? Just an fyi, when I copy the entire Access table, those memo
cells are also truncated when I paste in Excel. Any help would be great.
Thanks!