Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
D.R.[_2_] D.R.[_2_] is offline

Default Data Validation Dropdown List Not Working

No dropdown arrows!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Are the dropdown arrows not appearing or just the dropdown won't drop when you
hit the arrow?

See Debra Dalgleish's site for possible reasons.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal08.html#Freeze

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:09:02 -0800, D.R. wrote:

I have a large Excel 2003 spreadsheet with about 30 worksheets. On most of
them I've been using (quite successfully) the data validation dropdown lists.
However, I recently added content to one of the worksheets and the data
validation dropdown lists no longer dropdown. The cells still contain the
data validation data...I checked by doing a Edit-GoTo-Special-Data
Validation-All on the sheet and it found all the cells where I have put the
dropdown list. I also checked the data validation for each cell and the list
is still selected. Has anyone had this happen before? Did I reach some
Excel limit?