Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Data Validation Dropdown List Not Working

Are the dropdown arrows not appearing or just the dropdown won't drop when you
hit the arrow?

See Debra Dalgleish's site for possible reasons.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal08.html#Freeze

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:09:02 -0800, D.R. wrote:

I have a large Excel 2003 spreadsheet with about 30 worksheets. On most of
them I've been using (quite successfully) the data validation dropdown lists.
However, I recently added content to one of the worksheets and the data
validation dropdown lists no longer dropdown. The cells still contain the
data validation data...I checked by doing a Edit-GoTo-Special-Data
Validation-All on the sheet and it found all the cells where I have put the
dropdown list. I also checked the data validation for each cell and the list
is still selected. Has anyone had this happen before? Did I reach some
Excel limit?