Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Woodturner Woodturner is offline

Default Calculating days and hours

After reading even closer I see that the INT function will do what I want.

Thanks...

"Woodturner" wrote:

Well, after reading a bit closer about MOD, which I should have done to start
with, I see that it will not do what I want to do. Any more suggestions?
Thanks...

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Hmmm.. 12.375 days would translate to 12 days 9 hours, wouldn't it?

IF (a) all your time spans are less than 32 days, and (b) you're using
the 1900 date system, you could just choose Format/Cells/Number/Custom:

d "days" h "hrs."

(which will round to the nearest hour).

Otherwise you could use

A1: 12.375
B1: =INT(A1) & TEXT(A1," \da\y\s h \hr\s.")

In article ,
Woodturner wrote:

How can I convert decimal days, eg 12.375 days, to days and whole hours? Ex.
12 days 3 hrs.?