Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LauriS LauriS is offline

Default Limit long text to right footer section

Dave,

Thanks!! That will work.

And we can use it just for the long path names (right now they are typing
the whole thing manually).

Lauri S.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Dim myFooter as string
myfooter = activeworkbook.fullname
myfooter = replace(myfooter, "\", vblf & "\")
activesheet.pagesetup.rightfooter = "&07" & myfooter

Untested, uncompiled.

And if you have lots of short folder names, this may not be what you want.

LauriS wrote:

Dave,

I'm using code to get the file and path name since it may change:

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = "&07" & ActiveWorkbook.FullName &
vbLf & vbLf
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterFooter = "Page " & [Page] & " of " & [pages]
End Sub

Lauri S.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe you could add a few enter keys to force a new line in the right hand
footer.

(right before or after the path separator (\)???)

LauriS wrote:

Is there any way to limit a very long path name to the right footer section?

If I put it in as normal it stretches out across the bottom of the page
almost to the left side. I want it to stay in the right section - taking up
several lines if necessary.
Thanks!

Lauri S.

--