Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Excel Programming - Formula Assistance

The question is:
What is the criteria to determine the lane?

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"James D. Sheehan" wrote in
message ...
We know the amount and we know the step placement...now we must find the
lane
for this schedule amount so that the employee is placed correctly at
either
the exact amount or the amount slightly greater.
--
James D. Sheehan

"Don Guillett" wrote:

We know who, salary amount, and step but we don't know "LANE"?

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"James D. Sheehan" wrote in
message ...
I have a salary schedule that begins with $40,000 and has 40 steps down
each
with in increase of $1,000 and 19 lanes wide each with an increase of
$2,000.
So the schedule is ascending down and to the right. I am given a
salary
amount and the step the individual should be placed on. I must find
the
appropriate lane so that the individual would not lose salary.

I believe this must be done with a MATCH and HLOOKUP but I cannot
figure
it
out. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
--
James D. Sheehan