Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Dave is offline

Default Validation drop down list header problem

When creating the list I chose the option ticked the box to say that the
'list has a header'. Then I highlighted the list and named it.
At what stage should I leave out the header?
I tried creating a list with out a header, but then excel inserts a header
'column1' which then appears as a choice on the drop down list!
thanks

"WLMPilot" wrote:

You don't identify how you reference the data in list. One way is to NAME
the range of cells (leaving out the header). Then on the Validation List,
just put =LIST in the Source Box. You don't have to reference the worksheet
if different.

Also check out: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal03.html

Les

"Dave" wrote:

I have created a data validation rule in some cells of a worksheet giving me
a drop down box to choose from a list which is located on another worksheet.
However, the 'header' of the list appears as one of the drop down choices
and this should not be.
Any help is much appreciated