Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Zero(0) values box checked-but not displayed as a 1st digit ?

I guess you intended 0000 (four zeroes) ?
--
David Biddulph

"OssieMac" wrote in message
Select the range where you want the leading zeros and then select menu
item
Format-Cells then Select Number Tab.
Click on Number then Custom in the list.

In the box under Type: Edit it to 000 (That's three zeros)

zero values box under Tools, Options, View only tells Excel whether or not
to display cells containing zero value; not zeros in a number.

"BoyBaby" wrote:

I am working on a spreadsheet in Excel, however I can not get the zero(0)
display in the cell as a first digit of a number. Example: 0319 is
displayed
as 319.
I checked the zero values box under Tools, Options, View and that did not
work.