Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Brian Reilly, MVP Brian Reilly, MVP is offline

Default XL Axis label formatting issue

More on this issue (XL 2003).

The Client has supplied a simple example that I can suppy but here's
the explanation.

The chart on the left has the stub (that's Y axis) as part of the
chart – everything is centered instead of right aligned, the third
label is truncated because it’s too long and we can’t format
individual words within the stub. When we bring the stub into a text
box (on the right side), all of these problems are resolved.

I found a way to stretch the Y-axis values and to right align but
can't find those again. I think the biggest challenge is to format
individual words on the Y-Axis with simple Properties such as Font,
Color, underscored etc.

They use textboxes and turn the Y-axis off which I know how to do. But
how would one know how to align the text in the text box to "match" up
with the data (these are bar charts)? Can this sort of be done (VBA
solution, of course) with a calculation involving #data series and
PlotArea.Height?

Thanks for any input.

Brian Reilly, PowerPoint MVP