Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Silena K-K Silena K-K is offline

Default Disable copy/paste command

Hi

I am very new to VB and have tried Jim's code below to disable the copy
command in user templates I am creating however it didn't work.

I went into VB (Alt + F11) and pasted the code into the ThisWorkbook module.
Is that correct??

Also I didn't know what Jim meant about "ensure to enable on exit".

Can someone help please??

Thanks and Merry Christmas. Silena

"Jim Rech" wrote:

Actually there are many instances of the Copy command (32) sprinkled among
the commandbars. To get them all:

Sub DisableCopyCtrl()
Dim Ctrls As CommandBarControls
Dim Ctrl As CommandBarControl
Set Ctrls = CommandBars.FindControls(, 19)
For Each Ctrl In Ctrls
Ctrl.Enabled = False
Next
End Sub

Be sure to Enable on exit as this change is saved in the user's
configuration.

But you know if the user disables macros when opening your workbook he'll be
able to copy as he pleases...

--
Jim