Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Find longest consecutive winning streaks

From a post of mine about a month ago. Modify to suit

Try this where text in col a and numbers in col 2-11
Sub findlongestzeros()
For i = 1 To Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row
mc = 0
For j = 2 To 11
If Cells(i, j) = 0 And Cells(i, j + 1) = 0 Then mc = mc + 1
Next j
'MsgBox mc
If mc mss Then
mss = mc
mr = i
End If
Next i
MsgBox "Max is Row " & mr
'MsgBox mss

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"trey1982" wrote in message
My data set is a series of monthly returns (in percentages) for an
investment. How can I go about finding which time period has the longest
consecutive winning months and what the return over that time period was.
Then find the second and third longest winning streaks which cannot be
contained in the longest one.

thanks in advance... trey

Jan-04 1.37%
Feb-04 0.99%