Alan Beban

John Mansfield wrote:
I have data in the range A1:B5 as follows:

a 5
b 3
c 6
d 5
e 7

In the range E1:E5, I have added the following multi-cell array formula that
returns the largest values in B1:B5 sorted highest to lowest:

{=(LARGE($B$1:$B$5,{1;2;3;4;5})}

I want to add a similar formula in D1:D5 that returns the corresponding "a,
b, c, d, and e" values that go with the largest to smallest number sort. In
other words, when complete the range D1:E5 should look like this:

e 7
c 6
a 5
d 5
b 3

I've tried multiple combinations of INDEX, MATCH, AND OFFSET but I keep
getting the letter "a" returned twice for the number 5 and/or error messages.

Thanks for your help.

John

Copy your data to D1:E5; click on Data|Sort; Select "No header row";
Select Column E and Descending; click "OK"

Alan Beban