Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default How do I set all caps as the default?

Mark,

Right click your worksheet, view code and paste this in

Dim MyRange As Range
On Error Resume Next
Application.EnableEvents = False
For Each MyRange In Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants,
xlTextValues).Cells
If Err.Number = 0 Then
MyRange.Value = StrConv(MyRange.Text, vbUpperCase)
End If
Next MyRange
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Mike

"Mark Barnard" wrote:

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your post. I agree, however, this is not what the user wants.

I am a long way from an expert in VB, so any help/advice/expertise you might
have would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Respectfully,

Mark

"Mike H" wrote:

Mark,

There are VB solutions to this but as you want all caps then pressing the
capslock key once doesn't seem to onerous.

Mike

"Mark Barnard" wrote:

I want to set my worksheet up so that all text entered is in caps. I do not
want to have to toggle the Caps Lock key to do this. Is there a way to make
this work?