Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CerealKiller CerealKiller is offline

Default Hyperlink Error in Excel when using #

Hi there!

I've been working on a macro in Excel that creates hyperlinks to files in a
folder. The macro works fine, but I found that Excel can't manage hyperlinks
when the folder name begins with"#" and it's located in the root directory.
Something like this

"D:\# DBs Nielsen"

would cause Excel to generate an invalid hyperlink.
I've checked and it's not a macro bug, Excel can't seem to work with that
character.

Anyone knows how to fix this? I really would like to solve this without
changing the folder name as it's a shared server folder.

THX in advance