Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Conditional Formatting

Hi Bob

Try a single condition
=AND(B1<"",B1<A1)

make the values absolute with $ signs, if that is what you want.

--

Regards
Roger Govier

"BobB" wrote in message
Im creating a spreadsheet that compares different data. When in
information
in cell B1 is different than A1, I want the cell pattern to be a different
color, but only if there is information in cell B1. Under conditional
formatting I have tried entering condition 1 as €śformula =Blank($B$1)€ť
then
set format to no color. Then condition 2 is €ścell value is not equal to
$A$1€ť, with the formatting equal to pattern light yellow. The manual says
it
should apply the first true condition, which if cell B1 is empty should
leave
it with no color and only change the format if the information in B1 is
different than A1, but it doesnt work. Any thoughts?