Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peese Peese is offline

Default How to AUTOMATICALLY complete an Excel array....

How to AUTOMATICALLY complete an Excel array (or matrix ?) from information
in the left column and top row; each cell to hold an incrementally changed
formula ?
That item/array/matrix is in the 13th sheet of a workbook whose other 12
sheets are monthly expenditures in categories.
The ITEM should be filled with pasted links from the totals in the 12 sheets
to create annual totals.
Thus the left column contains the links for total expenditures by category
for January
and the top row contains twelve links for totals in one category for each
month.

I can (and have) set this up manually, but it seems to me that Excel should
be able to fill in the series automatically, expecially for the rows where
the only variable item in the link formula is the month name.

I am interested because this whole thing has to be redone for each new year.

If I had been able to I would have attached the workbook whose completion I
want.