Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
KAREN_W KAREN_W is offline

Default Can you have 2 date ranges in one row on an Excel Gantt chart?

Del - I can not believe it! I should have posted months ago. Thank you so
much!!!
--
Karen W.

"Del Cotter" wrote:

On Sat, 8 Dec 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
KAREN_W said:

Del, Thank you for posting...My only concern is your comment that
"provided the second date range always starts on or before the first
range ends...This is not always the case. I often have a bus touring that
is sitting for a couple days. I need my chart to show that it is off.

Sorry, I made a mistake. I meant of course "on or after". The idea is
that you can have the days off, but you can't have overlaps.

The column I called "Gap" is your "Off", so:

Bus Start1 Duration1 Off Duration2
L180 09/01/07 5 9 6
L220 09/15/07 4 6 4

In this example, bus L180 is off for 9 days and bus L220 is off for 6
days. Try it and see if it works for you.

--
Del Cotter