Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mcspore Mcspore is offline

Default How do I get time elapsed in terms of minute?

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to make a cell read time in
total minutes. I am trying to read the amount of time elapsed in minutes.
For example, I start running a sample at 18:32 (24 hour clock) and stops at
21:43. I can get Excel to calculate the difference to 3:11 (3 hours and 11
mins) but I need it in terms of minutes (191 mins). I also cannot find out
how to get excel to calculate time elapsed of any kind if it changes days.
For example, if I start a sample at 22:32 and it ends at 01:43 (once again
191 mins) excel gets confused.