Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default using a toggle button to show or hide information in several cells

You cannot hide individual cells.

Rows or columns, yes.

You can use Custom Views to set up differing views or use the ToggleRows code I
posted in my other posting in this thread.

As far as hiding "confidential" information, my rule is "if you don't want them
to see it, don't include it in the workbook".

Excel security is just weak enough that anyone with acess to the 'net and
password crackers can uncover your data.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 11:09:01 -0800, hanson
wrote:

I have a sheet that contains confidential information and only want it
visible when I need it. I can insert all the different buttons and boxes but
can not seem to get them to do this.