Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RobN[_2_] RobN[_2_] is offline

Default cut and paste in excel

I have never had a problem copying and pasting between different instances
of XL!

Are you selecting more than one cell when you're pasting?
I agree with RagDyer that unmerging may need to occur.

Rob

"RagDyer" wrote in message
If you have different instances of XL, you can't copy between them.
I believe that each instance of XL has it's *own* clipboard.

Also, that error message comes up when you are trying to copy and paste
*merged* cells.
If that be the case, UNMERGE them!
--
HTH,

RD

"cj" wrote in message
return with error: can't paste: data on the clipboard is not the same
size
and shape as the selected area. i'm trying to cut and paste between 2
different excel worksheets. i have 2 different worksheets open, i'm not
cutting and pasting between 2 different worksheets within the same excel,
but
2 different excel programs.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

The key word here is NEW. Make the new ws before you cut/paste from the
old
one.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"cj" wrote in message
Nothing happens, when i go to the new worksheet it won't let me paste

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Have you tried it? What happened?

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"cj" wrote in message
hi,

i'm trying to cut and paste from 1 excel worksheet to
anotherworksheet.
can
this be done?